Last night Marie and I went to go watch "Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown" at the International Cinema. It's in Spanish, and follows a bizarre love triangle full of obsession.I went hoping to see something of myself in the movie: namely, a young woman who thinks she's about to fall off the edge of a cliff because she's so overwhelmed with life. However, I got an awkward film full of unnecessary sexuality. We're not talking like, seductive women here. We're talkin sexual things in the movie that were there for no other purpose than to be sexual. There were several times when a part was skipped, and I can't help wondering how bad it had to be for them to actually skip it, seeings how they didn't skip plenty of things that should have been taken out. I was highly disappointed. The only other time I've felt uncomfortable during a BYU IC film was when they didn't have Clearplay for an Asian movie I saw and they hit the skip button a second too late and froze the screen on a topless Korean woman.



2 comments:
yay for spanish!!!!
boo on sex!!!
^agreed.
Post a Comment