Thursday, March 12, 2009

14,000 Things to be Happy About

In high school, Sam bought this ridiculously long list transformed into a book entitled "14,000 Things to be Happy About". I thought that it was a complete waste of money. That is, until I was having a particularly bad day and she had me borrow it, go through some pages, and put a dot by the ones that made me happy. It made me feel better. It's days like today that I need this book once again. However, Sam and her magic book are 15 hours away. So, I decided to come up with a few things to get me back in the mood.

Rain.
Flowers.
Looking at birds in their nests.
Clean laundry.
Waking up on a cold day snuggled into a very warm bed.
Feeling connected to the world.
Monterey Bay.
Hearing songs that remind me of happy times.
"Come Thou Fount".
Laughing at how sexy Moonlit Path lotion smells.
Connecting the smell lingering on my fleece blanket to when Boyd lotioned up with Moonlit Path.
Thirteen pickles on a hamburger.
Cinnamon ice cream with brownie pieces and chocolate shavings.
Police Beats.
Ble mae Daniel.
Knowing how to say the word "idols" in Welsh.
Cancelled classes.
Road trips.
New shoes.
The smell of oranges.
Beef stew.
Knowing that the people around you love you deeply, even if you can't figure out why.
Green grass.
Crooked smiles.
Ikea.

This is the kind of list that keeps on growing... and I feel better already.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

"when upon life's billows you are tempest tossed. when you are discouraged thinkin all is lost... count your many blessings, name them one by one... and it WILL surprise you what the Lord has done." President Hinkley loved that song. I do to. sort of a good theme for our lives. When you have your own home, you should put all of these things that make you happy on the walls of a room, to have constant reminder. he he