Monday, March 2, 2009

FHE Spiritual Thought(s)

Tonight our apartment was in charge of the spiritual thought for FHE. I volunteered to give it, as long as Becky gave me a good idea of what to give it on. She said that she'd recently been reading in 1 Nephi, and was really liking the idea about praying for specifics. So at FHE I give this short message about praying for specifics instead of generals. Then I talked to Marie later tonight.
Marie: How'd the spiritual thought go?
Jessica: It was good.
Marie: What was it about?
Jessica: Praying for specifics.
Marie: Isn't that what it was last week.
Jessica: No... was it?
Jessica and Marie run into the living room to interrupt Becky and Dave cuddling.
Jessica: Becky. What was the spiritual thought at FHE last week?
Becky: I don't know.
Marie: Come on. It was before wallyball.
Becky: I don't remember.
Jessica: It wasn't on praying for specifics?
Becky: No. Oh, wait. Maybe that's where I got it from!
Jessica: Thanks Becky. Thanks a lot. For letting me give the same spiritual thought and embarrassing myself in front of our family.
Becky: No one will have even noticed.
Jessica: Well, the people who gave it last week sure would, wouldn't they?
Becky: Well, maybe they just needed to hear it again.

I love my roommates.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

HAhahaha! this is great! Only in apartment 17! Oh man I gots to get myself a Monday night off!!!

Anonymous said...

I AM HERE TO SAVE THE DAY. And this is so sad that I know this, but the praying for specifics idea came from Becky's Home Teachers on Sunday. So, Jessica, the idea was original.. well somewhat.

becky bunnell said...

ha ha ha ha ha! oh! thank goodness for Ra! now we know. except i kind of wish that it was last weeks. Except the more i think about it i think it still was. Because didn't Cammie tell the story about how that boy prayed specifically for that investigator. Sorry Rebecca. I guess everyone needs to hear about praying for specifics several times over...especially me. ha ha ha. sorry jessica