Monday, February 23, 2009

You Don't Know Me (You Don't Know Me at All)

Yes, I am a fan of both Regina and Ben, but this post is not about them. It's about all the people who think they know me and don't. As in, they think I'm someone else. I have several twins on campus. One of these is my good friend Rochelle.

Everyone sees me and thinks that I'm Rochelle. However, I am not. I am a foot shorter than Rochelle, I'm 11 months older, and my hair is a lot curlier. Yet everyone thinks I'm her. I've always claimed that we could pass for sisters, and Rochelle denies this. Saturday I was sitting in her van with her, and when I got out Carrie Scoresby stopped to talk to me, and asked me if the girl in the van was my sister. Nice.

Anyways, so the point is that I'm used to people thinking that I am someone else. So if a stranger looks at me on campus and smiles and waves and asks me how I'm doing, I pretend that we're old friends because they probably think we are. Today this happened twice.

The first time I was walking into the BNSN, and this guy walked past me, grinned, pointed at me and said, "How you doin'?". It was classic. So I was just like, "good, how are you?". The second time was right after my class got out. I have two classes in a row in the same room on Mondays, so I just kept sitting there staring into space. This guy in front of me waved, and I looked up and he was like, "Hi". So I smiled and responded like I knew him saying, "Hey, how are you?". And he was just like, "how are YOU?". And I was like, "fine". And then he said, "are you sure? Because it looks like all that information that was just given to us has put you into shock". To which I responded that I just had my next class in that room, too, and so I wasn't leaving with everyone else because I didn't need to, not that I was so stunned that I hadn't realized that class was over with.

And just as a side note: in my chem lab today some boys did something stupid, and I muttered "idiots!" under my breath... just as I spilled nitric acid on my hands.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Hahaha! Nitric acid on your hands. well, that could of hurt. But about the original subject, how do you know these boys aren't trying to flirt with you?