Saturday, November 7, 2009

Person 7: Lisa

I've never been the biggest fan of visiting teaching. I've always felt like it's a fake friendship being forced by the church. And then I was gifted with Lisa. Lisa was my visiting teacher last year. She and Nagila were both great. But Lisa really made me feel the love.

One night I was all alone in my apartment, probably sulking about something or another. Lisa came over. Just to drop by to say hello and to see how I was doing. She came in and sat down with me and talked to me for about an hour. I could tell that she really cared about me and how I felt, and how my life was going.

Lisa showed me how to care for another person instead of making them feel like an obligation. It makes me want to be a better home/visiting teachee and make people like me enough so that they don't find me to be an obligation. I've also learned that while doing my own visiting teaching, I need to do it out of love. I know it's hard at first when you don't know the people, but once you do I believe you should love and care for them.

1 comment:

rochelle: said...

i needed to hear this.

thank you :)