Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 17: Friend Fight



One day in the summer of 2008 we had a staff party where we had chicken taco salads and awards. After Rochelle, Hayley and I were talking about something to do. We talked about going to Salt Lake and Hayley mentioned that if we were going to Salt Lake then she wanted to bring Boyd. But I didn't want her to bring Boyd. I was sick of Boyd and Hayley. I didn't want to feel like the third wheel. This led to a fight (that was stupid) and me storming off and hiding. They looked for me in my room and in the Taylor basement. They called multiple times. But I did not want to talk about how I felt left out around Boyd and Hayley. I hid in Jillayne's room and talked to her about it.

Finally it was decided that just Rochelle and I would go to Salt Lake (maybe we brought her sister... I don't really remember). We went to the Gateway and we browsed Barnes and Noble and Payless. At Payless I found this pair of shoes. I was upset and wanted to buy something. I asked the worker if they had them in my size. She very rudely replied that they didn't, and if I wanted them in my size then next time I needed to buy them before they went on sale. I had never been treated so rudely by an employee before! I bought the shoes anyway, even they were a bit too big.

When I wear them I have to scoot my foot up all the way into the toe area so they don't slide off. And they make a clicking sound when I walk. And they're adorable. And for some reason, they make me feel like an adult. I think it's the clicking.

But they remind me of how stupid I can be, not just to get in stupid fights with people I care about, but how stupid I am to consistently buy shoes that are too big for me.

No comments: