Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12: Temple and Work Trip



These shoes were a gift from Blair at the end of my first summer as a CA. Marie likes to call them my "Esther shoes" because they remind her of our friend Esther. I originally thought that they were too weird for me, but I quickly came to realize how comfortable they were and how they went with a lot of the more flowy clothes that I have.

My main memory of these is of my first Thanksgiving in Provo. Marie and I were the only two in our apartment and we decided to go to the temple one day. I woke up early after a late night (it MUST have been the morning after Thanksgiving, when we stayed up until 2am because the smoke detector had started freaking out the first time) and went to the bathroom to get ready to go to the temple. I was really tired, and I'm still not really sure about what happened, but I'm pretty sure that I fainted in the bathroom. Marie still argues about this with me. "If you fainted, you would know." But there were signs, like the incredible dizziness I had, the memory loss, the weird injury on my leg...

When Marie was awake we walked up the lane to the temple, and I was in these shoes. When we got home I ate real quick and walked to work. So these shoes are rather comfortable, but not when you've walked that far in them. To and from the temple, and then to work. My feet were aching but not nearly as bad as they could have been from another pair.

These shoes make me feel indie. I know, it's weird. But they make me feel like a free spirit. And they remind me that if I want to wear heels somewhere, I should take a pair of flats or flip flops and change when I reach my destination.

No comments: