Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is Why we are Friends.

One time Skyler and I had a conversation that went something like this:
Skyler: If we were on a deserted island, what would you do?
Me: I don't know...
Skyler: Would you let the human race die out?
Me: ...uh, no... What would you do?
Skyler: I would eat you.
Me: What the...?
Skyler: But only after you birthed me a son. And a daughter. So we could replenish the earth.

Tonight the autumn party pictures were posted on Facebook, and one was of Skyler after he and Chase made our fire out of twigs, sticks and logs that they found lying around the area. This conversation followed:

Me: Umm... remember how Chase and Skyler started this fire from found materials and a borrowed lighter? Wilderness survival, that is. If we were on a deserted island... I would eat them. But only after...
Skyler: Um, Chase and I ripped open those logs with our bare hands and I used my hair as a reflector to reflect the light of the moon onto the logs, thus creating a fire. But don't worry, I would eat you first... like a black widow.
Me: Only after I birthed you a son. And a daughter.
Skyler: Or two.
Me: So Cain could slay Abel?
Skyler: No, I meant two daughters. That way we could have two going at the same time to reproduce faster.
Me: You are so smart! Maybe I won't eat you. Also, I signed up for a Rape Aggression Defense class for winter. That way if you try to eat me I'll know how to take you out.
Skyler: Tch, they don't really teach you how to defend yourself in those classes. They're probably taught by men who are secretly serial killers. You're best form of survival is just to run away and live among the tree people. Then you can throw coconuts at us as you swing upside on the vines and ride your little bird man around.
Me: "Ride your little bird man around"? What the...?
Skyler: Yes, your little bird man with a bow tie and a leopard-print suit. You can live off of birch bark and pomegranates and make grass huts with your toes.
Me: I think that I would like that life. It sounds pleasant, simple, and slightly erotic.
Skyler: BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, if my roommates weren't awake, they sure are now!! Ha ha, bless you .

This is why we are friends. Because no one else quite understands us.

No comments: