Yes I skipped a post for Day 8. There will be one. But right now, I want to post about today.
Today I was supposed to do something nice for my body. Take a bath or a nap. Make and eat a delicious dinner. Get a mani/pedi. Do yoga. Something to make my body feel happy and to thank it.
I painted my nails. That is the only thing I did nice to my body today unless you include not shaving, which is a rather usual occurrence. And I ate a large amount of chocolate.
I woke my tired body up long before it wanted to be awake. I showered and got dressed: into a pair of tights. I used to hate tights. Now I think they're hot. But my body doesn't. My body hates being squished into something with the description as the name: tights. But I did it anyway. And then, even though my ears always have something nasty oozing out of them afterward, I put in some earrings. And I put on makeup, which will without a doubt make me break out. And then I grabbed my heals and took them with me to school, knowing full well that wearing heels on campus is a bad idea. And now I cannot feel anything but pain on the balls of my feet, because they are blistered.
What I want to do is what I used to do when I was a child: take a bath. It's relaxing and fulfills today's challenge. But instead I'm going to go to sleep, because it's been a hard day, I'm stressed, and I want to cry. I feel like at this point putting my body to bed is the greatest kindness that I can give it.
And yet, for some reason, I feel like I deserve this bodily pain. A physical manifestation of what I am currently feeling on the inside. I need to learn how to treat my body better, to be nicer to it. Body: I'm sorry for taking it out on you.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment