Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Would You be my Muffin?

Can I just say: I got really lucky with my FHE family this year. I have never enjoyed my families. Spring term last year I liked certain people in my family (however, only a few), but I have never on the whole really enjoyed them. This blog then, I suppose, is a tribute to the awesome people who make up this family. It makes me so sad that we only have another week or two together before it's over...

So FHE started with Rebecca (or Berecca as I now like to call her) and I walking over to apartment 41 to meet to go over to Brother Olsen's. As we approached the staircase we ran into James Archibald. Rebecca asked him where he was off to, as he was moving down, and not up, the stairs. He replied that he was going to the clubhouse. We further inquired as to whether or not he was going to FHE. He responded in the affirmative. After a bit more chatting, we came to the conclusion that he was of the belief that we were meeting in the clubhouse. After some persuading, he joined us on our trek to 41, where we inevitably found more of our family members.

Spencer had a great moment here, when he tapped the spot next to him on the couch and announced "Hey, Rebecca, I saved you a seat. We need to talk about you and Craig". Later when Craig walked in, Spencer spoke up again (Rebecca had rejected his offer) saying, "If Rebecca won't tell me anything, Craig will. Craig, I saved you a seat". Craig is more often than not the source of my information regarding "Craig and Rebecca". That's what makes the entire thing so terrific...

After some chit chat and directions, we headed out. Luckily Rebecca is my roommate, or I could have ended up in a car that was no fun at all. Instead, picture Rebecca, me, Craig, James and Caleb. So James ends up driving, and on our way down University Pkwy there are tons of cars full with what looks like FHE groups. Everyone starts honking and playing music... it was like cruising down Saviors all over again.

We get to Brother Olsen's house and start with a spiritual thought: Provided by me and Rebecca. Rebecca starts off saying that I have a story to share. So I tell about the time that I started to walk down this snowy hill when Marie told me not to, and how I continued on and slipped and fell into the snow (the thought was about listening). I turned the time back over to Rebecca, who continues on to talk about active listening. However, it was the kind of listening that didn't really have anything to do with the listening in my story, and I knew that I had realized it, but I was hoping that no one else had. And then D. Spencer looked at me and pointed at Rebecca with a look that expressed exactly what I had been afraid of... that everyone knew that my story had nothing to do with Rebecca's thought. Story. Of. My. Life.

Then we started playing Mafia. It was terrific making an alliance with Caleb to kill of Rebecca. However, 30 seconds into killing her off, he switched his mind to Megan. It was the first game of Mafia where I actually made it all the way to the end. And it may or may not have been the second game where I have not been killed off the first round (the first time I made it to round two). It was great. Things just make a lot more sense now that I know that Rebecca and James were detectives. It makes more sense that they both claimed to hear rustling to one side of them, and that Rebecca swore that she thought my entire couch was innocent...

Then we played a game of questions. Basically, this game isn't important except for a few comments:
Spencer to Craig: When was the last time you kissed Rebecca?
D. Spencer to Eric: Would you be my muffin?
Someone to James: Are you in Humor U?
James' response: Would I be wearing this if I weren't?

Then we ate pizookies. Which were delicious. In fact, they were so delicious that I got it all over my shirt. Dyna nyce. (There was a funny comment about pollination or germination made here... but I can't quite remember it...).

Then we got back in the car to leave. Now this is the best part of the night, and deserves its own blog post. So, I think I'll give it one.

No comments: