With reading days and finals we've had a bit of extra time this week. So, Thursday we (Boyd, Hayley and I) decided to trek up to West Valley to hit up the Jordan River temple. Some thoughts: lovely on the outside. It was built in the 80s, and that actually explains a lot about the inside decor. All the doors on the inside are brown: like you're hanging out in a stake center. The organist plays in the same room where you wait to enter the font. The ladies that give you the jumpers are in that room, too. The whole atmosphere was kind of dark. There just wasn't too much light. But the font was amazing! It was pretty deep (relatively speaking) and there were these beautiful clouds painted on the ceiling.
The locker rooms were awkward. As in, the dressing stalls were so short that Hayley and I could make eye contact across the tops of them. They also tried to give me a different jumper size than I had requested (a short instead of a regular). And the man in the font spoke like an auctioneer. But when I hopped in, I think he thought that it was my first time, so he slowly explained everything to me, asked me if I wanted to read the monitor with him, and was overall pretty gentle with me. He also made small talk with me between baptisms. He was a sweet ol' man! I was quite fond of him.
The best part of Jordan River is that it was slow, but they didn't rush you. They let us take our time as much as we wanted to. In fact, the font was close to needing us, and the ordinance worker told us that we could go whenever we wanted, but that there was no rush. It was nice. Provo you get tons of time to sit there because it's so busy, and Mt. Timp really rushed us. Thus, I think I'm quite the fan of Jordan River, in its 80s decor and everything.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment