Thursday, April 2, 2009

Roundhouse Kick to the FACE!

Last night I stood by Rebecca's open door hoping that she would come out and I could do some weird karate moves in front of her to freak her out. However, she didn't come through the door. So the roommates congregated around her bed and we mentioned Marie. Every single time we mention Marie's name she has to run into the room and ask what we were saying about her. So, after hearing our beds squeak I was like, "Oh, Marie's coming". 30 seconds later Marie runs over accusing us of some weird stuff. Then I went to read my scriptures. Next thing I know, Marie, Rebecca, Becky and Joanna are in the living room kicking the wall. What?

Apparently someone mentioned kicking someone in the face, which started a "who can kick the highest" competition. They decided that they would kick the wall so that they could mark with a pencil where everyone had hit for a better judging. Keep in mind that it's like, 1:15 AM.

So we start kicking this wall, with Joanna as judge. Rebecca gets this super high kick. Marie and Becky kick somewhere below, but close to her mark. Then I go. I'm seriously a good foot underneath Rebecca's kick. We keep going, the other three all close to each other, and me competing with myself. Everytime we hear what could be apartment 15 coming to complain about the noise, we bolt the door, turn off the lights and hit the floor.

Joanna finally gets a turn to kick. While she's about to go Marie decides to practice on her own on the door. She's wearing socks, and when she takes a step she lands on the hardwood floor, kicks, and slips backward with the loudest thud ever. We all erupted in laughing, as I hit the lightswitch and we all run into the hallway.

We continue our kicking contest and Marie gets another chance. This time she removes her socks for a better toe grip on the wall. She's on the carpet, she takes a step and must have jumped or something, because she fell again. She just kept slipping backwards and hitting her back on the ground. It was terrific. Naturally, by this time it's almost 2 AM, and we're pretty sure that apartment 15 hates us, so we turn off the lights and run into our beds. Classic.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

haha! good times! Apartment olympics! I wish we had it on film!