Wednesday, April 15, 2009

5, 4, 3, 2, FHE!

The weather (despite what it looks like now) was lovely on Monday. So for our final FHE we decided to play kickball. Now, if you know me (which hopefully you do if you're reading my blog) then you know that I am not athletically inclined. Yes, I swam in high school, but that was for the benefits it added to waterpolo. Yes, I played waterpolo in high school, but the only way I ever helped out the team was when I hit someone. I played great defense that way.
So we run over to the intramural fields (did I mention I was the only representative from my apartment? I'm so proud of myself for going! YAY ME!) and start to set up the bases when another group invited us to play with them. This was actually for the best, as we were all on the same team and not playing 6 on 6.
I positioned myself in the perfect spot: between first and second base. With Ryan on first and Kynan behind me. It was great as I didn't have to do a thing. In fact, every time the ball came towards me I'd throw my hands either in the air or over my head and scream. Yes.
Due to not being athletically inclined (let's admit it, I'm a domestic) I also positioned myself at the end of the kicking line, hoping to never make it to the front. But I did. I kicked, the ball went somewhere, and I made it to first. Then Spencer kicked, which pushed me to second. I'm not quite sure what happened at this point, as it's all a running/screaming blur, but I think I had to run to third because Spencer came towards second, and once there I was told to run home. Either way, I scored a point. Yes, I, Jessica Rae Callahan scored a point in a kickball game. And yes, I screamed the entire time I was running the bases. And I got high fives from my team. We ended up winning 5-4. Dyna neis!
Afterwards we went back to apartment 41 for pretzels. It was here that I got the best representation of the Somali pirate situation using pretzels and Doritos from Ryan and James. The best part was by far when Ryan counted down, and on two James crushed the pretzels, representing the snipers killing the pirates. It. Was. Great.
And thus ends the dealings with my FHE family. It was fun while it lasted. And I mean that.

1 comment:

becky bunnell said...

jessica! i loved this good job at going alone from the apartment! look at you allstar! you scored a point! i knew you had it into.