Today I sat in Relief Society and watched the Gratitude Book get passed around. We pass it around every Sunday and we each write down something that we're thankful for. As I watched it I panicked slightly. What was I going to write down? It has been such a rough couple of days, what did I have to be grateful for? Could I even feel gratitude in that moment?
As the book was passed to me I decided to look at the previous page and read something that the bishop had written. He wrote about how amazed he was by us and our charity and kindness. The last thing I felt like was charitable and kind.
In church we sang "Each Life that Touches ours for Good". Twice. Once in Sacrament and once in Relief Society. Firstly, that song reminds me of Rochelle from when her great aunt or something died and she sang it at the funeral. I never heard her sing it, but it still reminds me of her. Second, it made me think of the lives that have touched me and some lives that maybe (hopefully) I have touched for good.
I picked up the grateful pen and flipped to the next open space in the book. And I wrote down "I am grateful for the comfort and love of unexpected friends." All the comfort I have felt from friends over the last few days has come from people that I wouldn't normally turn to when I am upset. And I'm grateful that they were there for me.
And now I must go scramble 41 eggs for Break the Fast. I know, right?
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment