I really don't like being here for this long. I still have to be here for another week, too. I guess it's just the ususal:
Overly dramatic mom.
Rude, overbearing, domineering, ignorant older brother.
Filthy house where you feel like you should only go into the bathroom with flip flops on.
Don't want to use the bathroom because there is caked on fecal matter on the rim that no one will take care of.
Don't want to eat anything because everything is expired (we're not talking a couple of days... I found a couple of things that expired over two years ago).
Younger brother that only plays video games all day long.
Realizing that your mother is a hoarder.
(My phone just rang and I got really excited thinking someone was calling to do something and I'd get out of this house for a little while. It was Jason).
So yesterday my mom, Jake and I went Christmas shopping. Jason called and complained that he wasn't invited... although he didn't answer his phone the four times my mom called him. So he came out to meet us. We ended up going to dinner at L&L. While there we were having a debate about whether to eat there or take it to go. I said there, as I had some more shopping to do. Jake didn't really care. Jason was adament that we take it to go. He didn't care about shopping because he didn't have any money. Mom said she'd give him money to shop for us. Mom decided to get it to go. As we were leaving I was like, "where are we going to eat if not here and not at home, and it's freezing so no one wants to eat outside?". Jason was like... "my car". Seriously? So we went back inside and ate. Then we went to do more shopping, where Mom gave Jason money because even though he has a job he spends all his money on video games, cigarettes and alcohol. Jake decided that because he didn't have any money he wasn't going to ask Mom for some so he could turn around and get her a gift. Fine. Not that big of a deal. But then we get home and our dad sent us each a $100 gift card so we could specifically buy each other gifts. It was at this point that Jake pocketed the gift card and asked us if it was okay if he didn't get us anything this year. Okay. Now, I know that gifts aren't the important part of Christmas. I get it. I do. And if you didn't have money I'd totally be okay and understanding of it. But you were just given money specifically to get gifts with! Seriously?
Seriously Jake... all I want for Christmas is for you to clean the fecal matter off of the toilet bowl so that I don't cringe and have a gag reflex everytime I go to use the bathroom, and especially because the missionaries will be here for Christmas and will probably need to potty. The end.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment