Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Viva la Hot Springs!

So last week I went to the hot springs for the first time. I've tried to make plans to go before (i.e.- last summer with Rochelle, this past semester with Rebecca), but it's never really worked out. Well, I was invited to go with David and some other people from work. So after dinner on Thursday night we loaded up two cars (Bianca, Hilary, Tricia and Chelsey; David, Alisa, me and Tyler) and set out for Midway for our little adventure.

After feeling lost and stupid, we finally arrived at our destination. We get out at the same time as another car of people, and head over to the stream. There were already 4 guys there, and they were pretty drunk, it seemed. They started explaining to the other group that a certain part of the springs was about 114 degrees currently, the spot right in front of us was 104, and if you could make it past a cinder block wall, then it was just at 100. The other group left, and we got in.
The drunk guys then got rather friendly befriending us, and grabbed us some mud to beautify ourselves with. The oldest one, who was about 42, started talking about how good the mud is for your hair. Then he commented that he wanted to see one of the girls slather it in their hair. Somehow, like the night we were playing Nerts in 17 and apt. 15 knocked on our door, I slowly raised my hand and said, "I'll do it". And I did. One of the other girls was helping me massage it in, when the old drunk guy decided to help out. Next thing I know he is rubbing mud throughout my hair. And it was awkward.
Other good parts of the evening were Tyler covering himself in so much mud that he looked like an Aborigine, and David having "I'm stupid" written across his back. Yes. Oh, and also the boy swimming in his underwear, and how he went to his car, and took them off. And I saw too much. Well, shadow, anyway, but it was still too much.

1 comment:

becky bunnell said...

Jessica this looks SO MUCH FUN!!!! you look happy.