So I’m currently sitting in an airport. Yes, I am going home. It’s been awhile- approximately nine months. It’s only the length of a pregnancy, right? Apparently it’s not good enough. Apparently I’m supposed to see both of my parents on opposite sides of the country quite frequently. With their wants I’d be sitting in an airport every month, but luckily, they don’t really have a say in my life, now do they?
So I’ve decided to go home to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day. I figured that I chose to stay in Provo for Christmas, and to smooth feelings with my mom for that decision I’m coming home now. And again, it’s a surprise. Yet I’ll be arriving in LA at 9:30 AM on Thursday, and she won’t be arriving in Oxnard until late Friday evening. Apparently she’s still visiting with her online boyfriend in St. George. I have a feeling she’ll marry this one, which would be the story of my life because that would mean that both of my parents would get married by the end of the year, and with my luck, I’d still have never kissed a boy before. Or even held hands with one that wasn’t gay…
Well, my plans while I am home? Please my family and friends. I’ll be seeing both of my brothers and my mom, as well as Sam (and August) and Ashley. I plan on going to the beach or hanging out by the pool for awhile. I plan on not touching any zip ties. I’d like to go hiking. And also, I brought my GPS so maybe I’ll go geocaching with the family. Or something of the sort. I suppose I’ll be meeting these missionaries that my family is so close to. I should also get a new social security card and some sort of ID, as bringing my birth certificate into the airport seems a bit sketchy to me. The TSA agent letting me through the checkpoint was like, “How old ARE you?”, like just because I’m 20.5 I should have a driver’s license or something. Bunch of prudes.
Anyways, so that’s what I’m up to. I will admit that Dave was sweet enough to send me a text message last night that said “Have a safe rip and tell the pilot to fly safely”. I think that it was a sweet gesture. He’s a nice guy. He’ll find someone just right for him, too.
Also, there are something like 10 missionaries sitting beside/behind me on their way to France. Just out of the MTC.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment