Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Little Somethin' Somethin'

This is a treat if you just read that long spiel about me being sick.

A of all: I finally talked to Cornwall about my position on her research team. It wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be. The end result is that if I get the ORCA grant (which I don't think I will), then I research for free because that's kind of like a stipend. If I don't get the grant, she'll pay me for 10 hours a week. I'm sure it'd be more than the around $7.50 I make for housing. But I don't really know how I'll cut down my hours from my measly 15 in the mailroom to 10. Chelsey will probably be upset. Oh well.

B of all (this is the real treat): As I was walking home all weak and stuff I decided to go down the Maeser trail, but the trail wound down the mountain in such a fashion that it was twice as long as it should have been. However, on the path there was this guy in front of me who was wearing one of those camouflaged hunting jackets. He kept stopping to examine the trees and such. Then I decided that he was definitely a killer and I was probably going to be his next victim right there on that hill. Then he stopped completely and I passed him, but I was scared that he would stalk me. He didn't. He kept standing in the same place. Then I heard some rustling and there were rabbits. Then he started to throw snowballs at something (presumably the rabbits). As the path doubled back I passed him still standing there, and then I passed a deer between us. I hope that he didn't see that deer, because I'm pretty sure he had a gun with him and was hunting right there on the Maeser path. That is all.

C of all (another good one): Hayley and I had a meeting with Cornwall at 2, so we were lingering outside or her office. The door was closed but it was after 2 so we decided to knock. I was pretty sure that I hear "just a minute", but Hayley heard "Come in". So I try to open the door at Hayley's insistance, but it's locked. Then we hear more talking and we keep trying to open the door but we can't get in. Finally the person in there with Cornwall opens the door. It's Renata Forste. The Sociology Department Chair. Yeah, Cornwall had been saying "just a minute". It was awkward. And embarassing.