Sunday, November 24, 2013

Maybe the Wrong Lesson was Learned Here?

So I don't really know how to interact with people, especially strangers.  Especially male strangers. 

The other night my Russian roommate Dina was telling me about how she had been walking home in the dark pretty late one night and some guy was passing her on his bike.  She said that she knew in order to not be a target for assault that she needed to show that she was confident and not scared or vulnerable.  Therefore, she made eye contact with this guy and said "hello."  That's when this guy (remember it's late at night) doubles around on his bike to start talking to her. 

The real lesson here is that you shouldn't do that in the dark and women are always vulnerable.  But in conjunction with this other thing I learned this week:

I was watching Rebel Wilson's Super Fun Night.  It's the episode where she goes to a conference to learn how to attract men.  She goes to a bar and asks this guy to buy her a drink, and he says no but then this other guy offers.  Then this spirals into this really awkward conversation and the guy asks her to go upstairs to his room.  At one point he tells her that he really likes that she owns her own sexuality.

Lightbulbs go off.  I need to own my own sexuality.  I need to make eye contact with people, smile and say hello to show them that I am confident.  And confidence will help me own my own sexuality.

Oh, ho ho!

No comments: