Sunday, April 29, 2012

One of Those "What the...?" Moments

Yesterday my friend Jared got married.  Jared and I were in primary together and after his family moved and my family moved and our families both moved back to Oxnard, we went to junior high and high school together.  We'd been in the same home ward for years.  His mom watched me and my brothers every once in awhile when we were young and as I got older I got to know their whole family better. 

I was really excited to go to his reception, especially because I knew Marie and Camille would be there, too (and Annette!).  Marie and I walked in and the whole Jashinsky family was staring at us, so we went over to say hi.  Jared's dad was sitting down but hugged Marie and then me.  And kissed my neck.  What the?  It couldn't have been just me, but when I old Marie I found out that it was just me.  His dad insisted we sit with their family, but somehow we got lucky enough to sit with Camille, George and Noah. 

After awhile there was this really awkward interaction where one of Jared's friends mistook me for his friend Kaylee, because he came up behind me, touched me, realized it wasn't her and felt obliged to sit and talk with us for a bit.  He urged us to dance because as he saw it, there were plenty of single men there needing to meet girls.  Eventually he left, and it was then that Marie told me I'd had something in my teeth the whole time.  Later Jared's older brother (who's always been a tad bit strange) would sneak up behind me in the same way. 

Jared's dad then came and sat with us to "catch up."  Annette and Evan got there near the end and sat with us and we chatted, too, while Marie dutifully listened to Brother Jashinsky.  It was time for Jared and Meaghan to leave, so we stood up to wait for them outside.  Brother Jashinsky hugged Marie and then hugged me again.  And kissed my neck.  AGAIN.  And again he had not kissed Marie's neck.  I don't know what it was.  Maybe it was that I had put perfume on and he thought I was his wife.  I don't know, but what I do know, is that that was the most action I've gotten in three years.

No comments: