My roommates are getting ready to move out. The lovely Tina and Cami are getting married within the next few weeks. Lady Ludlow will be moving out tomorrow (what the?) to move to Idaho so she can get a degree of something. Jess is... moving somewhere nearby. I don't really know what's going on with that.
Here's the thing. I haven't really liked my last couple of roommates. And when Marie left for DC I was literally so grateful that I had the roommates that she was leaving me with. I like them so much! Even the weird Russian/Mexican hybrid accent. It's weird but I like it.
The things that I'm going to miss the most are:
Thoroughly Refined Thursdays
Sarah laughing with her mouth wide open while making no noise
Cami greeting me in the morning with a sleepy and kind, "good morning, Jessica."
Jess making the Selina face
Predicting that Tina was going to come out when the living room would inevitably erupt in screams or laughter after 10pm
Jess' weird accent that I can't quite place
Getting tucked in by Cami
Complaining about Dicksy with Tina
Sarah's love of Cold Duck
Tina being on time to church every week so I have at least one person to sit with
Playing Testimony Bingo with Tina (most of us played, but Tina and I talked about it the whole time)
Cami's morning hair
Jess' lion hair
Tina excitedly wanting to show me things
Being able to fulfill Tina's sheet music requests
Cami teaching me ballet
Sarah teaching me to drop it like it's hot
Calling Cami "Camel Toe" and having her scream "YOU MAY NOT CALL ME THAT!"
Apartment Baby Mama viewing
Roommate holiday dinners
Cami always offering to let me eat with her and Joe
Tina talking about practicing inserting catheters
The roommate howl of "MARIE!" whenever we're on the phone together
The way Jess says "I Hate her" and goes on a rant about management
Tina eating most of the things I offer her (I've missed Marie doing this...)
Here's the thing. I've never felt alone in this apartment. From the moment Tina entered the apartment and I thought she was straight up Russian to the moment when Jess packs up her stuff and leaves (she's heading out last) I have enjoyed my time here. These girls are fun and crazy and smart and kind.
Side note: When I was in high school my mom had me grate cheese with this hand grater and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. You just spin the handle and voila! I made her promise to leave me it in her will. Last night as Sarah was packing up she brought me a similar cheese grater and asked if I wanted it. Providence.
Also, I have a new blogging project up my sleeve. It's going to be a hard one, but I think it'll be good.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment