Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Office of Characters

My office is full of characters. The type of character that is an older conservative white LDS man. There are several days where I have to sit and listen to some man that is not even my supervisor going off on how much they hate democrats or Obama or Occupy Wall Street or whatever liberal thing is going on in our country. And I hold my tongue. I'm still holding my tongue as I listen to one of these characters telling his employee about people voting for Obama. Said employee is a younger conservative white LDS man. He is bemoaning that all the people voting for Obama are his age, and that they are getting something for nothing by voting for him. Older man has exclaimed that unlike younger man, those people did not grow up in self sufficient LDS homes.

Self sufficient LDS homes. As if every LDS member is self sufficient. As if all the students I have met having babies are not on some type of welfare. As if no LDS member has ever gone to the government for help. As if the church weren't around helping there would be more LDS members on government welfare.

Now they are claiming that we are an entitled society, believing that we all deserve to have everything without working for it. As if anyone who votes for a democrat, who has liberal leanings at all, is bumming off of all the conservative tax payers in this country. As if liberals are not made up of just as many college educated, high income citizens as conservatives. As if liberals couldn't possibly be trying to lift up the arms that hang down or the feeble knees. As if liberals could not believe that everyone at some point will need a little bit of help to get back up on their feet.

Dear Stupid Conservative LDS White Man:

There is a reason you have been on over 100 first dates, asked half of those women for a second date, and have gone on 20 second dates and 4 third dates. There is a reason why the girl you called four times yesterday before finally leaving a message hasn't returned your call. You are the creepiest student employee that I have ever shared an office with! You walk around strutting with a creepy "I'm imagining you naked" smile on your face. Good for you for having the guts to ask women out. Congratulations on having 100 of them say yes even though you probably creeped them out. But if the rude, better-than-thou-art comments that you make on a daily basis in my office are of any indication, you are super lucky that 20 agreed to a second date. It's not that you're balding. Or that you know a lot about computers. Because a lot of girls are into that stuff, too. And several will overlook an unattractive appearance, but an unattractive attitude? Condescension and close mindedness? These are your real issues, buddy. And this is coming from a girl with a piss poor attitude (according to her mother).

Frankly,

Jessica.

1 comment:

Claire said...

HAHAHAAHA.

I love posts about the office.

I kept trying to figure out who this person was, but I'm convinced I don't know him. What a shame. Thanks for helping me become more acquainted with him.