I suppose it's time for a post! Fall semester has come and gone and I'm now a year away from graduation. I didn't do as well as I would have liked to do in one of my classes, but I faired well in the rest. Work is... something else entirely. Some days I go in and I have a suicidal patient who just wants to be left alone and I sit for 8 hours and read. Other days I walk into a room where the person I'm replacing is holding someone down in their bed. It's very hit or miss.
Can we talk about my roommate? Guys, the girl is cray. In June or July her boyfriend of four years broke up with her. The next week she had a date. Then she started serial online dating. She met some guy within a month or two, and after knowing each other for three months they got engaged. This guy sleeps over all the time. Before I moved in, when she had the other boyfriend, she told me he'd sleep over hopefully no more than twice a week. I think her new guy sleeps over five days a week. And whenever he's over they spend the entire time sitting on the couch watching TV. Or showering together. Those are literally the only two things that they do. And when he's over, Alora acts like I don't exist. I walk into the house and there is no acknowledgement. See, this happens when he's not over, too, but if it's just me and Alora and I tell her hello there's a 60% chance that she'll say something back. If Will's over then it goes down to 2%. It's really awkward and uncomfortable. The other day I came home with Emily. We were going to cook a pizza and study for finals. Emily also had her laundry with her because she doesn't have a washer and dryer and we do and I think it's nice to save someone a few dollars every week or so and I let her do it at my place. Alora freaked out. She had something in the dryer. I told her that Emily knows the rules are that she can only do it if Alora isn't doing laundry and that it was fine and she could do it some other time or go to a laundromat. Then Alora started screaming about how she was just going to go study at the library if we were there (which, seriously, the girl hasn't gone to the library once since I've lived with her). We told her we could go in the living room or in my room and that we didn't have to interrupt her studying plans but she kept getting madder and yelling that she was going to the library. I should have been like, "do you know how often I feel like I can't have people over because you and Will live in the living room? Do you know how often I stay in my bedroom because you and Will act like I'm not a human being? Do you know that Will has literally said one word to me since you've started dating? You can be inconvenienced this one time that Emily is here."
That day she had procrastinated studying by moving her expired food from the fridge to the sink. That was last Thursday. Today is 10 days later and the food is still sitting in the sink. I fill the dishwasher with dirty dishes every day and every night she runs it half full because I refuse to take care of moldy tupperware containers and she is too lazy to take care of it. We literally can only use half the sink because one entire side is overflowing with her dishes. And we've talked about the situation. After it had been a week she told me not to worry about the moldy dishes because she would take care of them. I told her I never had any intentions of cleaning them and if they were mine I would just throw them away. This would be kind of understandable if she had an actual life. Like school or work. But she babysits for one family as her work (twice a week but only when the mom actually works, which is hardly ever) and she hasn't worked for them in weeks. And she finished finals early. She took like, six credits this semester and had to get an A on one final to not entirely fail the class. She literally does nothing! The girl sits on the couch watching TV and that's it. That's her entire life. Sometimes I want to ask her if she realizes that I'm doing all the dishes not only for me and her but for her boyfriend, too. Because he might as well be living here. And not paying rent. Best thing? Alora wants to be a stay at home mom. What does she think that life will be like? Watching TV and pinteresting all the time? Because she does nothing. NOTHING.
Sometimes I want to look at her and be like, "you know I'm in nursing school full time, right? And that I work two jobs? And somehow I'm able to keep my room clean, clean the kitchen every once in awhile, do the dishes every day, make food for myself instead of eating out and have friends. What if we stepped it up a bit on your side?"
Additionally, over the summer I kept bumping the thermostat up because she wanted it at 62 degrees. I'd bump it up to 75 and eventually we "compromised" at 70. But the thermostat is broken which meant it was really 64. And she'd leave it on if no one was home. So I'd bump it up to 75 when I left the house so we wouldn't be paying more for electricity. AND SHE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. She'd tell me that she'd forget to put it back on cool and to stop touching it. Then it became winter and I saw that she had put it on 62 again and I freaked out and put it back up to 70. Then a note appeared on the thermostat saying that we now had winter rates and to keep it low in order to save money. Which was what I was trying to do in the summer. And here's the thing, my room is not insulated very well. There is no heat. The rest of the apartment will be just fine but my room is freezing. Like I wear my footie pajamas to bed and sleep with seven blankets on. For real. So when Emily was leaving for Christmas break she offered me her space heater. I brought it into the house while Alora was in the shower. I used it to heat my room to 72 degrees so it would be bearable. Somehow she found out because that night she was like, "I know your room gets really cold but last year my space heater bumped the electric bill up $30 so how about you put saran wrap on your window instead?" To which I replied, "my nipples are freezing. It's temporary." I love that she knew my room was frigid and wouldn't let me touch the thermostat or use a space heater. I don't understand her at all. At all.
Also, I found out on Facebook that she was engaged. I pretended I didn't know because I thought it was weird that you wouldn't mention that to your roommate. It was 2 weeks before she said something about the wedding and when I said I hadn't heard she was engaged her response was, "didn't you see it on Facebook?"
Thank you for letting me rant. Girl is cray.
Minnie And Me
2 weeks ago



2 comments:
omg omg omg omg omg
I feel bad for laughing so hard at your misfortune. But MAN. Sounds like a real piece of work! I hope you can get out of your contract soon?
how did i miss this???
I'm so scared of her!!!
Post a Comment